The municipality of Liloy is basically an agricultural community and its residents derived most of their income from agriculture. It has a wide range for agricultural development. An analysis of agricultural production shows that rice and corn production is quite sufficient to meet the demands of the rice and corn eating population . However, the projected increase of population, demands for fresh products would like increase.
Fishing is one of the major sources of livelihood in the municipality especially those people living along the coastal Barangays.
Commercial and Industrial development in the municipality are still limited. Although Liloy has around 944 registered commercial and industrial establishments only about 15% of the population derived their livelihood from their sector.
Liloy being strategically located is endowed with great economic potentials that would surely boom if given priority and careful planning. Hence, it is imperative that effort must be exerted to improve and expand the operations of existing commercial and industrial activities and make this sector one of the major sources of livelihood in the municipality. Industries that will make use of locally produced raw material shall he given top priority.
On the other hand, as commercial industrial activity increases, the exiting areas for its activity would be too small for the purpose. Hence it is also imperative for the local government to identify additional areas for its expansion, large enough to accommodate future activities within the next ten years.
Presence of Hotels and Pension Houses boasted and hasten the economic Growth of the Municipality.
2. To achieve maximum commercial and industrial development in the municipality
3. Develop and promote identified tourism potential sites in the municipality
1. Optimum use of agricultural areas.
2. Provide all weather farm to market roads
3. Improve and expond the existing commercial and industrial activities in the
4. Encourage and attract private entrepreneurs through adoption/enactment of essential
5. Preserve the natural tourist attractions
Programs and Projects
Construction of Trading Center